We would like to draw your attention to the latest pre-release of the stable 1.4 branch of lighttpd.
You can get the pre-release from these urls:
Please test it as much as possible and provide us with feedback.
A lot of testing ensures a good release.
The most important change is the SSL_CTX_set_options fix, as lighttpd
doesn’t start without it if you use a recent ssl library; most distributions
included it with 1.4.26 for a while now.
We hope to have fixed some problems with mod_proxy and we really hope TLS SNI works now,
and lighty doesn’t use the wrong certs anymore; it would be nice if you could test this :)
We fixed a segfault in mod_compress; if you disable etags, mod_compress won’t try to cache
on disk anymore (and doesn’t set etag).
If no showstoppers are encountered, there will be a final release soon.
Changelog since 1.4.26:
- Fix handling return value of SSL_CTX_set_options (fixes #2157, thx mlcreech)
- Fix mod_proxy HUP handling (send final chunk, fix usage counter)
- mod_proxy: close connection on write error (fixes #2114)
- Check uri instead of physical path for directory redirect
- Fix detecting git repository (fixes #2173, thx ncopa)
- [mod_compress] Fix segfault when etags are disabled (fixes #2169)
- Reset uri.authority before TLS servername handling, reset all “keep-alive” data in connection_del (fixes #2125)
If you want to get the latest source for any branch, you can get it from our svn repository.
Documentation to do so can be obtained from this page:
Bug reports or feature requests can be filed in our ticket system:
Please make sure to check if there isn’t a ticket already here:
Perhaps you also want to have a look at our new download site
Thank you for flying light.